How do you pack all of the protein you need into a vegan diet? Animals are off the table. No worries! You can still fit protein into your day with high protein vegan snacks.
These 10 delicious snacks are healthy, high protein and vegan! They are made with real, whole foods. Each of these vegan snacks has at least 10 grams of protein.
Try These 10 Vegan Snacks
- Halve an apple and remove the core. Spread each half with ¼ cup coconut yogurt, 1 tablespoon nut butter and ½ tablespoon hemp seed. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Slice an unpeeled banana lengthwise down the center. In the middle, spread ¼ cup peanut butter and sprinkle with vegan dark chocolate chips. Place under the broiler to melt peanut butter and chocolate. Eat right out of banana peel.
- Make chia pudding with a high protein plant-based milk such as Ripple. Add a tablespoon of chopped walnuts, pecans or other nuts just before eating.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of nut butter on a sprouted grain bread, such as Ezekiel Bread. Serve with a side of blueberries.
- Spread a piece of sprouted grain toast with ½ mashed avocado and top with ¼ cup edamame. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Enjoy ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds, for nearly 10 grams of protein!
- Cut ¼ pound of extra-firm tofu into cubes. Stir fry or crisp it up in your air fryer.
- Wrap up ¼ cup hummus, romaine lettuce, avocado, cucumber and red pepper slices in a whole grain tortilla.
- Roast your own chickpeas or buy a roasted chickpea snack. One cup of chickpeas has about 14 grams of protein.
- Smash together ¼ cup cooked green peas and ½ avocado. Add some garlic and lemon juice, and enjoy it with whole grain crackers.
Being vegan does not mean you have to sacrifice protein. I hope this post has given you some ideas for healthy, high protein vegan snacks.
What is your go-to vegan snack? Let me know in the comments.